Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lechon at Zubuchon

For our first dinner for this trip, we decided to try Zubuchon. We've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it which made us want to try it for ourselves to know if it was worth the "hype".

Based on the search that I did, Zubuchon have 3-4 branches in Cebu, we visited the one on Escario Street.


I have to admit, I got really excited and immediately raised my expectations the moment I saw the place. I was in love with how the place was set up. 

I find the logo super inviting not to mention cute. :)
I love the color combination and the lights. :)



Their staff were polite and friendly also kind enough to help us decide which of their specials we should order. So here's what we had for dinner.



The talked about Zubuchon Lechon.
As much as it pains me to say this but for the sake of fairness, I will say it: I have tried tastier lechon (Sorry zubuchon fans). Don't get me wrong, it was tasty and skin was crispy. It just didn't met the expectation I had in mind. :(



To make up for their lechon, I would give two thumbs up to their kamias shake. This was another staff suggestion which I just agreed politely at first because if truth be told I was clouded with hesitation and silently hoping that I would like it. Personally, I was just unsure of how kamias shake would turn out.

After I tasted it, I take back all the hesitation. haha! It deserved its "best seller" title. The taste was just perfect (at least to me). So, for those who will visit Zubucho and was not satisfied by the lechon, try their kamias shake! :)  

Anthony Bourdain should try the lechon from Iligan. Maybe it will change his mind. :)


Unit 2 Bldg A Escario Central
Escario Street Kamputhaw, Cebu City
Phone: +63(32)5835699

No comments:

Post a Comment