Monday, October 14, 2013

Express Inn | Cebu

As I was planning the 3-day Cebu Trip, I already anticipated that I would spend 80% of my cash on the first 2 days (and I'm right. haha) so I searched for budget friendly places around Cebu and found many options but the one that offered the most value for money was Express Inn. 

I don't have a high expectation set in this place due to the following reasons: First, I paid PHP 1,500 for a family room (good for 3 adults), breakfast included, Second, it says "inn" and not really a "hotel" and lastly, I know prices are sky rocket high in Cebu so to get a room for 1,500 is a good deal for me.

Hassle Free Check-in process, Polite Staff. 

I think they are going for a "Halloween" vibe with the masks.

Trinket and souvenir corner 


The family room was air conditioned, have a sitting area and a flat screen cable TV. It can accommodate 3-4 adults or 2 adults with 2 children. They do have free wi-fi available but I wasn't able to connect, both with my laptop and pad. I did not bother to complain because I don't need to use the internet that badly anyways. Another head's up, their rooms use the traditional door knob type and not the key card type. No bottled water (or any other beverage for that matter) was given as complimentary.

Family Room at PHP 1,500

Food Guide, Telephone, Safe, Crumpled Survey Form (the paper above the phone directory)

The bathroom was reasonably clean, have shower facility and free toiletries.  

Tocilog (Tocino + Fried Egg) for Breakfast.
Had to pay additional PHP 40 to upgrade my free breakfast to this one. 
Free breakfast.
Value for money?Although there were a couple of "miss" here and there, I would still say YES. The service was good, room rates were reasonable (plus it comes with free breakfast), the room was clean and location wise, it is just a walking distance to SM City Cebu.  

So, if you found yourself in Cebu City on a shoestring budget and in search of a budget friendly (yet have good service) place to stay in Cebu, Express Inn is a good choice. :)

Pope John Paul St., M.J. Cuenco Avenue, Mabolo, Cebu City
+63 (32) 266-7551
+63 (32) 266-7552

No comments:

Post a Comment